The Engineer’s main responsibility will be to interface inside the process team for all engineering aspects on the production floor. He/she will have a strong working knowledge of the equipment and processes. The engineer will also work to identify/correct problems, suggest, support and implement cost and continuous improvement items. He/she will also develop improvement plans regarding labor and material efficiencies.
In addition, the Manufacturing/Process Engineer will:
- Maintain and comply with all ISO and department procedures.
- Solicit input from operators on the production floor.
- Encourage and support improvements in processes or methods of manufacturing.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Assist with the design, creation, and implementation of new systems and processes for the introduction of new production work centers or for the improvement of existing ones.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of related experience in a production
- Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD modeling.
- PLC/HMI programming (A-B, Unitronics) a strong plus.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Must have knowledge of Lean manufacturing and basic manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- Self-motivated and results orientated. Proactive with outstanding planning and follow up